Dr. David Holmes gives bioinformatics workshop in Costa Rica21/11/2010
Last october 13th – 14th, was the first workshop on open source bioinformatics at the Earth University in Costa Rica. The Director of the Center for Bioinformatics and Genome Biology of Fundación Ciencia para la Vida, Dr. David Holmes, contributed with the following lectures:
1. Introduction to Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
2. Gene prediction: Prokaryotes
3. Gene predictions: Eukaryotes
4. From Gene to Function: Predictions
5. Exercises in Bioinformatics
The workshop was also hosted by Allan Orozco, Director of the Instituto Nacional de Bioinformática, Madrid, Spain.